Pickled Veg Loaded Pork Bánh Mì
Preparation time: 90 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- For the pickled vegetables:
- Place the julienned vegetables in a shallow bowl.
- Combine the sugar, salt, water and Safari Brown Spirit Vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer and stir until the
sugar and salt have dissolved.
- Pour the pickling liquid over the vegetables. Toss to mix and then press down to keep the vegetables in the liquid.
Leave at room temperature for 15 minutes. Then cover and place in the fridge until serving. Toss them every so
- For the pork:
- Slice the pork fillet as thinly as possible and place in a bowl. Add the sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and hoisin.
Drizzle over the Safari Brown Spirit Vinegar.
- Mix to coat the pork in the seasoning. Leave the pork in the marinade for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- Heat a griddle pan on high heat. Brush the pan with a little neutral oil. Grill the pork slices on high heat in a single
layer until cooked through and you have some nice charred grill lines on both sides. Set aside.
- To assemble the sandwiches:
- Split the baguettes lengthways, slicing from the top. Spread them generously with mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Layer in the pork and pickled vegetables, draining as much liquid from the pickles as possible. Scatter with spring
onions, jalapeños and fresh coriander. Serve with wedges of fresh lime and enjoy!