Pickled Fish with Organic White Wine Vinegar
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine the water and Safari Organic White Wine Vinegar.
- Add the curry powder, masala, turmeric, peppercorns, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, allspice berries, salt, bay leaves,
ginger and sugar. Bring to a simmer.
- Add the onions, stir and cook for 5 minutes until just tender. Switch off the heat and set aside.
- Cut the fish into ± 5cm pieces. Whisk together the flour, salt and turmeric. Take the fish pieces and dust them in the
- Heat a little neutral frying oil in a large frying pan for shallow frying. Fry the fish in batches until lightly golden and just
cooked through. About 2 minutes per side. Remove from the oil and place on a rack lined with paper towel. Once
drained, place in a large glass or ceramic dish. (Something non-reactive)
- Pour the onions and pickling liquid over the fish. Allow to cool and then wrap up or place a lid on the dish.
- Leave to pickle in the fridge overnight and allow the flavours to develop.
- To serve: Spoon pickled fish over a chunky slice of fluffy white bread. Drizzle over plenty of the curried Safari Vinegar
- Serve with slaw on the side and enjoy!